Thursday, July 21, 2016

CHOSEN AND ACCEPTED


Read Ephesians 1–3


   …He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love… to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. Ephesians 1:4, 6 NKJV

* * *
   Paul in writing to the believers in Ephesus reminds them of the wonderful gift of the gospel. “But now in Christ Jesus,” he says, “you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ” (2:13) In the fullness of time, God carried out His plan that the Gentiles would be included in His church. For both Jews and Gentiles salvation came by the grace of God as a free gift.
   For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (2:8-10)
* * *
   Lord, I will be eternally thankful that You offered salvation to all who would believe. I am grateful that I did not have to earn it by good works. I am also thankful that you had good works planned for me before I even knew You. Help me as I share the good news of Christ’s love with all who will be willing to receive it.
* * *

   “that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height -- to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Eph 3:17b-19 NKJV

No comments: