Monday, April 25, 2011

MAY IS ON ITS WAY

     For the past month I have been posting devotions based on the gospel accounts leading up to the crucifixion and resurrection of our Lord. Now I will return to the Old Testament readings where we left off in the middle of March in the book of Deuteronomy.
     I always enjoy taking a break at the holidays and remembering the stories of Jesus, both His birth and His resurrection. And there is so much more to be found in this wonderful inspired Word of God. The Old Testament sets the foundation of our knowledge of God's wonderful plan of redemption. The prophets of old looked forward to the cross, just as we look back. They also looked forward to the glorious appearing of Jesus as we do today.
     My devotional readings are primarily focused on people and how their lives are an example for us today, both good and evil. As you read through the Bible, look for promises, commands, and timeless principles which can be prayerfully applied today. God speaks to us mostly through the written Word of God and it takes time to listen.
     I pray that each of you, my readers, will be as blessed by our journey through the Bible as I have been and continue to be. I can think of no other gift I could give to you that would be more valuable. Now as we get ready to move into May, I am anticipating and asking for God's special blessing on all of us.

No comments: