Wednesday, November 10, 2010

OBEDIENCE AND PRIORITIES

[10]

ABRAHAM AND ISAAC


Read Genesis 22

     And Abraham said, “My son, God will provide Himself a Lamb” (Genesis 22:8 KJV)

     "Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29 NKJV)
* * *
       After waiting so long for his promised son, Isaac, Abraham was asked to give him back as a sacrifice. This request had no basis in anything God had done with His people. False gods required human sacrifices, not Abraham's God.
     The author of Hebrews gives us some insight into Abraham’s response: "Abraham reasoned that God could raise the dead, and figuratively speaking, he did receive Isaac back from death." (Hebrews 11:19)   But still he was required to go through this test to show that God was first in his life–even before his beloved son.
* * *
     Sometimes God brings us to a place in our lives when we must make a choice about something or someone He has blessed us with. Is there anything in my life that has become more important than my relationship with Him?
* * *
     Lord, I pray that I will always put You first in my life. Not first as in being at the top of a priority list, but first in regard to everything on that list. I cannot have a right relationship with anyone else if I am not right with You. Thank You for providing Your Son, the Lamb of God, to make that relationship possible.
* * *
     "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life "    John 3:16 NKJV 

No comments: