Monday, August 15, 2011

DAVID'S HOUSE

[41]
Read 1 Chronicles 17
     "Go and tell my servant David, ‘This is what the LORD says: You are not the one to build me a house to dwell in.… I declare to you that the LORD will build a house for you."
1 Chronicles 17:4,10b NIV
* * *
     David wanted to build a temple for the Lord God. He told Nathan the prophet, "Here I am, living in a palace of cedar, while the ark of the covenant of the LORD is under a tent." (17:1) But David's desire was not to be fulfilled in his lifetime. His son Solomon would build the temple.
     God had an even greater plan for David than this: He said to Nathan, “Tell my servant David …When your days are over and you go to be with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, one of your own sons, and I will establish his kingdom… I will set him over my house and my kingdom forever; his throne will be established forever."(17:11, 14)
     Jesus Christ will one day sit on the throne of David, and His kingdom will be forever. But today, God’s house is the temple where His Holy Spirit dwells–in the hearts and lives of believers.
* * *
     Thank you Lord, that because of Your eternal plan, I have been included in the promises given to David. Your kingdom will be forever, and all who receive you will have everlasting life. "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven." (Matthew 6:10)
* * *
     ". . .do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."  1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NKJV

No comments: